When it comes to marketing, your email list = money.
In this case, more is more—a healthy, plump email list literally represents thousands of dollars in your pocket.
But just like an indoor plant or organic veggie patch, your email list is worthless unless nurtured and cared for.
You might already know this…
That’s why you send out a rushed, vague newsletter every month that doesn’t really say much about anything at all.
If that’s you, it’s time to stop.
It’s no wonder people aren’t opening your emails when they’re spammy and short on content your market actually cares about.
I know it’s easier, and honestly, who has time to tend to a garden of thousands of people, all of whom need to be engaged and entertained on a regular basis?
As a fellow female entrepreneur building a profitable lifestyle business, I know you’re busy.
But the reality is…
The moment you capture a new lead through a pop-up or opt-in lead magnet, you need to immediately establish clear communication to convert them from a lifeless lead into a content customer.
But not just any kind of communication…
Talk about what they’re into!
So, how does one look after a bunch of email addresses?
Watering won’t help. Neither will sunlight or fertiliser.
But what will (and is proven to convert) are strategic, automated nurture sequences.
In order to build an open and beneficial relationship with your community, they need to fall in love with YOU.
Once your leads love you, they’ll convert into customers who love your product or service.
To do this, your emails need to be structured and tell a story… your story.
So, here are the 9 things your emails need to include to stand out in the inbox… and ensure they don’t end up in the trash!
The subject line
- Must relate the the content of the email.
- Use exciting, provocative language (e.g. the day I realised I had a problem OR 5 reasons we’ll go together like cheese and a fine wine).
- Include short, reaffirming questions to positively reinforce what you’re saying in the reader’s mind (e.g. annoying, right? OR simple, isn’t it?).
- Use the contact’s first name.
- Send the emails from a person, not a generic company address.
Get to the point
- Keep things short, no longer than 300 words per email.
- Cut out the ‘fluff’ and write clearly and concisely (this is easier for the reader to consume).
- Use strong, actionable verbs (start, get, work, learn, do).
- Emotive adjectives pull at your customer’s pain points.
Include P.S. opportunities
- A P.S. at the bottom of your email is a great way to sneak in an extra opt-in or lead magnet.
- Usually an exclusive side point.
- This is the most clicked part of an email.
And if you’re thinking ‘This is great Grace, but I would love more support’ I’d love to help you! You can join my own exclusive Doers Inner Circle for $1 USD and get access to myself, my team and all of our Doing strategies right now… And, access the support you need to apply them to your own business.
- Include an introduction video to humanise the email and further build trust and credibility.
- Let them know explicitly that there are no catches or strings attached to working with you.
- Offer a money-back or satisfaction guarantee.
Make every part of the email a Call-To-Action (CTA)
- Give the reader as many opportunities as possible to find out more information about you and your products.
- Link images to landing pages or blog posts.
- Add a CTA to your email signature.
- Hyperlink copy in the body of the email.
- Include links to your social media profiles.
Now, let’s put pen to paper and get doing!
Bonus Tip: Run your emails through a spam checker like GlockApps, and at least test them to check they don’t land in promotions.
Landing in the primary folder should always be your priority, as those are the most opened, and most clicked emails.
Your contact will even get a notification when your email arrives.
The promotions and spam folders are rarely checked, and even if your prospect does look inside…
You’re competing with every other brand and promotion they’re subscribed to!
I hope you’ve loved these tips and tricks to stand out in the inbox… and ensure your emails don’t end up in the trash!
I would love do hear from YOU, what are your biggest roadblocks with email marketing?
Beat the overwhelm and safeguard your business for years to come. Take things one step further and join my Doers Inner Circle for SO much more support and advice… and because you’ve already shown you’re a Doer I want to let you inside on a $1 USD Trial! Click through here and you’ll get straight inside my exclusive community for a single buck